Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm a marathon kind of slug!


I was so excited today!!!

I got to take a ride in Uncle Robert’s Truck.



But it was snowing.



I love rain (I am after all, from the rain forest) but am not used to snow or my Mom and Uncle Robert getting all stressed out and complaining about idiot drivers. When the snow was sticking on I-5 and the truck was sloshing and sliding, my Mom said she nearly had to “pick seat cover material out from between her butt cheeks”.

I don’t get it. What are butt cheeks? I don’t think I have them.

But the cool thing is that I got to run a half marathon today!!! It was so much fun and I made a bunch of new friends.

Since they aren’t used to snow and rain that early in the morning, they had to wear trash bags over their running clothes until they got moving and warmed up. They looked silly!



Running was SO much fun! Everyone that ran near us commented on what a cute slug I was and said they were going to read my blog. I hope they comment!



After the race, we got medals and shiny blankets to wrap up in,



and we got Ivars Clam Chowder! I LOVE Ivars clam chowder. I ate some with Uncle Robert after he finished.



I have to go now. My mom needs the computer to write her race report and she says I need to lay by the heater and dry out.

That’s it for now

~DTES

No comments: