Saturday, December 23, 2006

Solstice !

My mom had a Solstice party last night.

She says that after last night, the days will start getting longer again. I guess than means more time to go out and play, which sounds good to me!

I was so excited ! My Aunt Tony, Uncle Knut and Aunt Molly were there. So were a whole bunch of other really nice people.

I got to eat stuffed mushrooms. They’re much tastier than the ones in the rain forest.

We ate, drank and visited, and then we turned down all the lights and lit the Yule Log. Mom lit a candle off of it, and passed the flame to everyone in the room.

While they were doing this, they listened to a very cool song about “The Christians and the Pagans” and then sang “Here Comes the Sun”

Here I am with my candle and the Yule log. Mom says that when we get a house, we'll have a fireplace and a different kind of Yule log, but that for now, this one is just fine.



But I don’t get it.

The sun didn’t come out.

Oh well, it was a fun night !

That’s it for now

~DTES

No comments: