Saturday, October 28, 2006

Helping the environment!



I had the BEST day today.

Mom and Auntie Mo (and LUNA came too!) volunteered with REI, Earth Corps and Friends of the Hylebos to do Upland restoration/planting at Spring Valley Ranch on the upper reaches of Hylebos Creek. We planted FIVE HUNDRED Douglas Fir and Big Leaf Maples that will help cool the water so that salmon can survive and spawn.

We got VERY cool “Get Dirty” shirts!!!



It was a GREAT day that a slug can feel GOOD about; Look at the good work we did!




We did have one very scary moment. After all the hard work
LUNA was missing. Auntie Mo almost cried, I did cry. I couldn’t stand the thought of losing my best friend. I was one panic stricken slug. Auntie Mo searched through her pack over and over again, and Mommy was going to “shake down” all the girl scouts that were there. She said, “Girl Scouts are NOT “goodie goodie; I should know, I was one!” Luckily, Luna was hiding in Auntie Mo’s jacket pocket, so it was all OK.

After all that great, hard work, we went up to Buck Creek in the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest to mushroom hunt and check out some new trails.

I LOVE riding in Auntie Mo’s car!



But even better than riding in the car, is riding on Mom’s backpack. I’m such a lucky slug!!!



I’ve got to get off the computer now. Mommy says that she needs to get in a hot bath, and I’m not allowed unsupervised internet access.

That’s it for now…

~DTES

No comments: