Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Point Defiance Adventure



Here I am on Five Mile Drive at Pt Defiance Park, where my mom and Aunt Molly took me for a walk. It was misting and lightly raining out, and all cool, green and mossy just like home (the Quinault rain forest). I was looking for some of my cousins but didn’t see any.



Here I am overlooking the Narrows (an area of the Puget Sound between Pt Defiance and Gig Harbor/Vashon Island) I am sitting on a Madrona (known as Madrone to the South and Madrona from the Puget Sound and North of the Canadian Border, eh.) Tree. My mom especially likes them because they are related to the Manzanita where she grew up. Both have very cool red bark that peels and are evergreen. Madronas only live within a few miles of salt water. Madronas are cool!



and here I am enjoying fall color. My mom wanted to take my picture in a Japanese Elm in the Zen Garden, but Aunt Molly liked these leaves better. It’s best to give Aunt Molly what she wants.



And this is the ferry Rhododendron coming into the Pt Defiance ferry dock from Vashon Island. I love the ferry. Maybe my mom will take me on a ferry ride one of these days!



Mommy’s going to dragon boat practice later. I don’t think she’ll take me today. The weather isn’t good and the water may be rough. She said it wouldn’t be good for a slug to fall into salt water.

[sigh]

I’m sure I’ll have another great adventure soon.

Until then, that’s it for now…

~DTES

No comments: